Saturday, July 25, 2020


Created In Love

   “So God created humankind in his image.  In the image of God he created them, male and female he created them.  (Genesis 1: 27)

   When I consider the majesty of God and all He has created I can’t help but question why?  Why did He create the world and all that is in it?  Why did He create me, one who has disappointed Him in so many ways?

   I’ve come to believe and understand that He created simply because of His great love.  The love shared by the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit is absolute.  Nothing was needed, nothing could be increased or decreased by creation.  He created simply because He is Love.  No other answer seems to make sense.

   It was His love and His desire to share that love that resulted in all we see and all that is.  He wants, but doesn’t need, our love for Him.  There is nothing that we or anything else in creation can offer that can make Him more that He already is.

   I look in the mirror and I see a sinner who wishes He could do better at avoiding sin.  I see one who has, on many occasions, betrayed the love and mercy of God by my actions.  Yet I also see a creation of God.  A creation that came about from the pure, never-ending love of the Almighty.

   Though I’m an imperfect man I am forgiven my failings, again because of the incredible love of my Creator.  His only Son chose to suffer incredible anguish, pain and suffering to give me the opportunity of salvation and eternal happiness.  The blood He shed, the pain He endured, the death He suffered was the greatest act of love that has ever been.  By His passion and death and resurrection He paid the price for my sins and offered eternal life.

Lord, You are pure love.
Out of love You created me.
Out of mercy You forgive me.
Set my heart afire with love for You.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment