Thursday, July 2, 2020


A New Day, A New Beginning

   Each morning is a gift from God, a chance to serve Him better today than yesterday.  It’s an opportunity to increase my faith, my trust, and my love of God.  A day to seek His will in all I do.

   I look at morning as akin to a new life.  When I go to bed at night there is no certainty that I will see another day.  When I wake up I know that He’s not ready for me to come home.  Perhaps there’s something else He wishes of me before He brings me to Him.  When it is time, He will call.

   I usually go for a walk each morning.  It is good for this body God has given me and it’s a perfect time for prayer.  Sometimes I pray the morning prayer of the Divine Offices, sometimes the Rosary.  Sometimes I just let my mind reach out to God, to talk and to listen.  Prayer as the world begins to awaken from another night seems so right.

   This day will be like many others.  I will try my best to serve Him even though I know that I will likely fail in some manner.  I am a sinful man who doesn’t always do as God would have me do, even though I try.  When I prepare for bed tonight I will review the day, looking for those places where I may have failed, seeking forgiveness.  I will also remember the many blessings of the day and give Him thanks and praise.  If it is His will that I awaken in the morning I will begin another day, seeking always to serve Him.

I’ve failed You many times, I know.
And yet You love me.
When I prepare for bed this night
I hope that I can say,
“Dear God, I’ve tried my best.”

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment