Monday, July 20, 2020


A God of Purpose

   “The human mind may devise many plans, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will be established.”  (Proverbs 19:21)

   There is nothing that does not fulfill the purpose of God.  To believe otherwise is to deny God’s ultimate wisdom and His plan.

   Everything that occurs was known to God before the world began.  The play was written, the actors chosen.  We come upon this earthly stage at the proper time and we come to fulfill the purpose of God.  If we accept our role in His production we will be blessed even when we suffer, even when we can’t understand the “why”.  In fact, I believe that our greatest blessings come when we accept God’s plan when it is the most difficult and even when it is the most painful.

   The situation we find in the world makes this kind of faith difficult, but it is the faith that God asks of me.  There is an old saying that says, “It’s not for me to question why, it is for me to do or die.”  If I choose to question or dismiss God’s wisdom I am rejecting Him and all He has done.  By rejecting God I am condemning myself to eternity without Him.

   Many will turn from His plan, refusing the purpose for which they were created.  Satan was the first to do so, resulting in the downfall of him and all his followers.  We are constantly tempted to join in his rebellion.

   Rather, let’s look to the example of our Blessed Mother, the Apostles, martyrs, and saints who accepted God’s plan even when it was most difficult.  When we do, we can join them in the eternal bliss God has prepared for those who believe.

It is not mine to question.
It is mine to follow.
Give me strength.
Increase my faith.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment