Wednesday, July 8, 2020


The Path

   “You will show me the path to life, abounding joy in your presence, the delights of your right hand forever.” (Psalm 16: 11)

   Before the world began God chose the path that I should walk.  The path that would lead me home to Him was established and waiting for the time of my presence in this world.  It was not necessarily to be an easy path, there would be troubles and difficulties along the way.  But it is the right path, the only one that will lead me to Him.

   When I was much younger I didn’t know of His path, but it was there.  Looking back I can see the times when it became clearer to me.  I can also understand how my stubbornness and resistance sometimes caused unnecessary pain when simply following His path would have brought greater joy.

   Through the love of a very special woman He brought me to Him.  Her faithfulness and devotion were something I had not experienced in my life.  Seeing His presence in her and the woman it had led her to become convinced me that I needed to find my path to Him.

   Over the years that path has brought me much love and happiness.  It has also brought pain and sorrow, but He is always there to help and strengthen me.  Those times and His support have brought me closer to Him, seeking His path with even more fervor.

   My path has led me to a deeper, richer relationship with my Lord.  The joys, happiness, pains, and sorrows have all contributed to bringing me closer to the God of mercy and love.  Eventually this path will lead me home where there are no pains and sorrows, only joy and happiness.  “What eye has not seen, and ear has not heard, and what has not entered into the human heart, what God has prepared for those who love him,” (1 Cor 2: 9)

Lord keep me on Your path.
Never let me stray.
Lead me to the home You have prepared.
Show me the way.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment