Saturday, July 11, 2020

Satan and Evil are Real

   I am greatly saddened today.  My Church, Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Ocala, Florida has come under vicious attack.

   On Saturday mornings I meet a few of my friends for daily Mass and, after Mass, we enjoy some breakfast, and fellowship.  It is one of the high points of my week.  This morning as I drove into the parking lot at church, there were several fire trucks and police cars present.  I was able to park and found a small group of others who were there for Mass and learned that someone, reportedly a man, had driven his van through the front doors, apparently poured gasoline or something on the floor, and set it on fire.  By the grace of God those who were in the Church at the time were able to get out without injury.  The Church, however, was seriously damaged.

   We see attacks like these all over the country these days.  Not all are directed at churches but more than a few are.  We see politicians refer to what is obviously terrorism as “protests”, some even joining with and encouraging those committing these crimes.  I place more than a little blame on those who support unlawful activity, allow riots, destruction, and anarchy.  They not only further the cause of those who hate this nation and seek to destroy it but also support Satan in his efforts to destroy Christianity.

   It was my Church in my home of Ocala Florida today.  It could be yours tomorrow.

Father be with us as we recover from this attack.
Give us Your peace, comfort, and strength.
May the one who did this see the evil he has done.
May he seek Your mercy and forgiveness.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment