Sunday, January 24, 2021

A Loving God 

   “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” (John 1: 1)

   “And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth; (John 1: 14) 

   I often sit before the Blessed Sacrament giving thanks to Jesus for the incredible sacrifices He made for me and for all.  The love He has for us in incomprehensible; there is no other love in the world that compares to His.

      I see Him hanging on the cross, His body brutalized by the scourging, nails through His hands and feet.  Struggling to even take a breath He used what little strength remained to pray, “Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.” (Luke 23: 24).  He had been betrayed, abandoned by His friends, scourged, and nailed to the cross and yet, with His dying breaths, he was forgiving those who had committed this atrocity.

   His love is beyond all knowing.  He forgives all who come to Him in sorrow and repentance.  I can’t help but recognize that it was for my sins that He suffered and died.  He has sought me and forgiven me; He has made me His own.

   I know I can never repay Him.  I can never thank Him enough for His love and sacrifice.  I can only try my best to love Him and live my life according to what He told us were the two greatest commandments, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.  This is the first and greatest commandment.  And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matt 22: 37 – 29). 

You gave up your glory for a while.

You became man and lived among us.

You gave Your life for my sins.

I thank You with all my heart, soul, and mind. 

Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment