Saturday, January 9, 2021

  He Is With Me 

   “And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.” (Matt 28: 20). 

   In Matthew’s gospel these were the last words spoken by Jesus to His apostles before He returned to the Father in heaven.  These words are as important for today’s world as they were for the apostle’s.  They provide hope for a people who may become disillusioned with the woes of the world and may even give up on His promise.

   History tells us that there will be good times and bad.  Living in what we may consider to be one of the bad times requires perseverance in faith and a recognition that all is in God’s hands regardless of how dark it may seem.

   When I begin to feel the troubles of this world bearing down on me I can turn to Jesus’ words of hope and remind myself that He is still with me and always will be.  He has not left me on my own, He has sent the Holy Spirit to guide and comfort me.

   If I can abandon myself to God, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, there is nothing that can defeat me.  I am protected and saved by the love of God.  “For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 8: 38 – 39). 

The trials of this world can be difficult.

It would be easy to give up hope.

In You my hope is eternal.

I trust in Your promises and Your love. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment