Tuesday, January 26, 2021

 Searching for God 

   Days come and days go.  Some are better, some are worse.  Regardless, they are a part of life and life is an incredible gift of God.  So each day is a day to give thanks to Him.

   Yet sometimes it seems that I to have to look harder to find Him.  The day is more difficult, I struggle, and need Him, but sometimes it’s as if He has left me on my own.  I know that He will never leave me alone, His love is eternal.  His love comforts and strengthens me in all things.  So why do some days seem so lonely?

   On those days I have to try harder to seek Him, I struggle even in my prayers.  My mind wants to wander, and it's more difficult to bring it back to God.  Yet I think this is perhaps a means of increasing my faith, of encouraging me to seek Him more.  Is it possible to take God for granted?  I think it is and the difficult days convince me that I must never just assume His presence.  

   When I must struggle to find God it makes me realize than no matter the battle the reward is worth the effort.  He is truly always there but I think sometimes He withdraws just to remind me that without Him life would hold no meaning.  In my searching for Him my faith deepens, I become even more aware of my great need for Him.

   The old saying that absence makes the heart grow fonder may apply.  When I am missing Him it makes me love Him more and ever more anxious to have Him in my life.  His presence gives meaning to my life. 

There are days when I feel alone.

Days when I struggle to find You.

Yet You are always with me.

I thank You Lord. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment