Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Hope 

   “Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer.”  (Romans 12: 12) 

   There have been times in my life when hope has been difficult to find.  I’m sure most everyone has had times when they felt all hope was gone.  I place the cause of those feelings on Satan.  Only he would desire that we lose hope because in losing hope we may also lose God.

   Part of the problem, at least for me, is the inability to change things that I think need changing.  I want to fix things, make them right, and when I can’t it can cause a frustration that may even lead to a sense of uselessness.  If I can’t fix it something must be wrong with me, it’s my fault.

   Thankfully, I’ve come to realize that there are many things in this life that I have no control over, I can’t fix them and it’s through no fault of my own.  This is a sinful world, a world seemingly dominated by Satan and his evil ways.  I can strive to resist him in my life and even encourage others to do the same, but I can’t stop him.  Only the coming of our Lord will end evil in the world.

   So, like Paul, I must look at my frustrations, the troubles I see in this world and accept that I can’t change them.  When looked at properly they will bring hope.  Not hope relying on my human abilities to fix them but hope in the Lord. 

   “He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning or pain, for the old order has passed away.  The one who sat on the throne said, ‘Behold, I make all things new.’” (Rev 21: 4 – 5).  Amen Lord, come soon, make all things new. 

Through the trials of this life You give me hope.

The evil in the world cannot overcome that hope.

Help me to rest secure in Your promises.

Strengthen my hope. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment