Sunday, January 3, 2021

 The Epiphany of the Lord 

   “O Lord, our Lord, how awesome is your name through all the earth! (Psalm 8:10) 

   Today we commemorate the visit of the Magi to the infant Jesus, His epiphany or manifestation to the world.  It’s important to note that the Magi were not Jewish, but foreigners from the east, probably what is now Iraq, Iran, or Saudi Arabia.  This matters because it means that the coming of the Messiah was for the whole world, not just the Israelites.  These three kings represent what was to become worldly adoration of the Lord.

   I have discovered that my life is filled with epiphanies.  The Lord manifests Himself to me in so many ways.  From the simple beauty of nature to the miracle of birth and life.  From a gentle rain to the raging waves of a stormy ocean.  He is in the uncountable stars that light the night, the moon reflects His glory.  He is in all.

   The closer I grow to God the more aware I become of His many blessings, of the manifestations of His glory in all things.  Things I used to take for granted I now recognize as His works, His blessings, His presence in my life.  There is nothing in life that is not a part of God; He is in all. 

Father, You are always present.

I see You in all things.

I praise You for Your glory.

I thank You for Your many blessings. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment