Friday, January 8, 2021

 He Cares for Me 

   “Cast all your worries upon him because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5: 7) 

   God cares for me.  That is a fact, it is promised in so many ways in so many words of scripture.  He cares for me and loves me with a love that is eternal.

   There is nothing I have done nor is there anything I can do that would make me worthy of His love, His caring for me.  It is done out of pure love, the love of a Father who will never abandon His children.  No matter what I do, He will continue to love me and call to me to return to Him.  When I come to Him in sorrow for my failures and seek His forgiveness, he forgives.  “As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our sins from us.” (Psalm 103: 12).

   Each day I try to live my life according to His will knowing that there will be times when I fail.  Each time I fail I go to Him asking for His mercy and the strength to help me fail less often.  I don’t seek Him simply because I want to avoid hell, but because He loves me, and I never want to offend Him by my actions.

   I never want to disappoint God by my failures, but I know I am a sinful man.  To say that I will never sin again is a lie.  Try as I may, I can’t escape sin in this world.  But I believe that my sincere desire to avoid sin pleases God.

I am far from perfect.

I sin and fail You far too often.

Still You love me and care for me.

May Your love lead me home. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment