Saturday, September 18, 2021

 He Knows Me 

   “Your eyes saw me yet unformed; and all days are recorded in your book, formed before one of them came into being.” (Psalm 139: 16) 

   Before the world existed, before time began, God knew me.  He knew all that I would do, the good and the evil.  He knew of my sins before they were ever committed.  He knew the evil that I would do before I knew Him.

   He knew that I would eventually turn to Him, accepting Him into my life.  He knew that I would fall on my knees in sorrow for my sins, begging for His mercy and forgiveness.  He knew that serving Him would become the most important thing in my life.  Nothing I have ever done or will ever do is unknown to Him.

   I’ve wondered how He could love me after all the sins of my life, some more grievous than others.  But in His love He waited, He called, and when I answered, He forgave and welcomed me into His family.

   He created me.  Not because He needs me but because of His great love, a love that He wants to share.  I am nothing in the great scheme of things, a mere drop of water in the vastness of the oceans.  I am dust and to dust I will return.  His love alone brings value to my being.

   His love is everlasting, his mercy is without end.  In Him is everything I desire. 

   “O search me, God, and know my heart.  O test me, and know my thoughts.  See that my path is not wicked, and lead me in the way everlasting.” (Psalm 139: 23 – 24)

No comments:

Post a Comment