Tuesday, September 28, 2021

 The Beauty of Creation 

   Everywhere I look, I see the beauty of God’s creation.  He’s in the sunrise and sunset, in the sunny days as well as the stormy ones.  Few things remind me more of the majesty and power of God than a thunderstorm.  His lightning flashes across the sky severing the atmosphere, creating the thunder that follows.  The wind helps freshen the air and the rains wash it clean.

   In the darkest of nights I see His splendor and beauty in the moon and stars of the sky.  So many stars that it would take many lifetimes to count them, each perfect in its’ creation.  I look up at the Milky Way, our own little universe within the universe.  The beauty is incredible, testifying to His glory.

   As I walk early in the morning I hear the birds waking up and singing their first songs of the day.  Occasionally I will hear an owl hooting in the distance.  On rare occasions I have seen coyotes even in my housing development.  All this speaks to the beauty and variety of His creation.

   “It is not good for man to be alone, I will make for him a helper as his partner.” (Gen 2: 18).  God blessed me with my wife, who made my life a joy.  Though she is now with Him, our love continues.  Family and friends are a blessing from the Lord.  They give me love and support in a troubled world, adding great beauty and joy.

   It’s so easy to see the evil, to forget to look for the blessings.  We become entangled with the worries and woes of a broken world and ignore the beauty of God’s creation.  We must learn to shut out the evil and focus on the beauty.

 

It’s so easy to see the evil.

Open my eyes to the beauty.

Let me see the glory of Your creation.

Let it fill my heart with joy and love.

 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment