Sunday, September 5, 2021

 Healing 

   A sore or minor injury that isn’t cared for will not heal.  If I continue picking at it and refusing to treat it as I should it may become infected and create a serious health issue.

   My sins are very much the same.  If I have sinned and just push them aside, forgoing confession, they will fester and grow into a much larger problem.  If not properly cared for my sins will destroy my relationship with God.

   It amazes me how people who wouldn’t dream of letting a minor sore fester and become infected will shun confession, allowing their sins to linger in their thoughts and in their souls.  I suspect that there are few things that give Satan greater joy than the sins we fail to confess to God, seeking His mercy and forgiveness.

   If I come to believe that some sins are so minor that there is no need of regret, sorrow, or repentance I have started down the path to condemnation.  If it is up to me to decide which sins require confession and repentance, I must determine which I must confess to God and which are of no importance.  I can think of no greater way to risk eternal life.

   As with most things, it all comes down to a conscious choice that I must make.  I can either confess my sins, receive forgiveness from a loving and merciful God, or I can spend eternity without Him. 

Father, You know my sins.

You will heal me when I ask in sorrow and repentance.

I come to You on my knees.

Begging Your forgiveness and mercy. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment