Sunday, June 19, 2022

 A Drop in the Ocean 

   “What is man that you are mindful of him, and a son of man that you care for him?  Yet you have made him little less than a god, crowned him with glory and honor.” (Psalm 8: 4 – 6). 

   When I consider the billions upon billions of people who have lived on this earth it makes me realize my own insignificance in the world.  I am only one of so many.  And yet God loves me as if I were the only man ever created.

   “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have ever lasting life.” (John 3: 16).  Jesus came to offer salvation and eternal life to all, but He would have come even if I were the only one who needed His mercy and forgiveness.  That is how much God loves me and you and every person in the world.  Jesus became man, suffered, and died to save each one of us individually.  By His death and resurrection, we have hope for eternal life.

   I don’t need to be recognized in this world, but to be known to God as one who believes and tries to live according to His will.  I know, and God knows, that I will fail miserably in my efforts and will sin repeatedly.  Yet He also knows my heart, He knows my desire is to never sin against Him and I believe this pleases Him.  When I turn to him seeking mercy He is always there.

   In the eyes of the world I am no more than a drop in the ocean, known to only a few, and soon to be forgotten when this life is over.  But to God I am His child, created and loved by Him, intended to spend eternity in His kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment