Monday, June 20, 2022

 What No Eye Has Seen 

   “What eye has not seen, and what ear has not heard, and what has not entered into the human heart, what God has prepared for those who love him.” (1 Cor 2: 9) 

   My mind keeps going to heaven and what it will be.  Even though I can never know the answer as long as I’m alive, I can’t help but consider what heaven will be.

   One of the things I’ve missed most since my wife passed away is holding her hand.  Anyone who knew us could tell you that it was very rare to see us not hand-in-hand.  At home, in the car, in church, in restaurants; it didn’t matter, if our hands were free we were holding hands.

   I vividly remember sitting with her under a huge shade tree at her aunt’s farm in Kentucky.  I can almost smell the apple blossoms from the nearby orchard.  We weren’t talking, we really weren’t doing anything except being together and holding hands, feeling the love God had given us to share.  This is one of my fondest memories.

   In my mind I can picture us back on the farm, holding hands.  But this time it will never end, but last for eternity.  The two of us, simply holding hands and loving each other.  Most of all loving God who has loved us so much and blessed us so greatly.

   I can’t know what heaven will be, but I pray that it includes holding her hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment