Wednesday, June 22, 2022

 Give Thanks to God 

   “Give thanks to the Lord for he is good, his mercy endures forever!” (Psalm 107: 1) 

   Each morning when I wake up I take the time to thank God.  I thank Him for bringing me through the night and for the rest He has given me.  I thank Him for the new day, asking that He guide me through the day according to His word.

   There are times when it has been hard to thank God, times when I have suffered in life.  Those are the times I must remember that His ways are far above mine and even though I may be in pain He knows what is best for me.  I must somehow accept what He has given me, trusting in His love and mercy.

   The happy times, times of joy, should be the times when it would be easiest to thank God.  But I find that sometimes I simply accept the good times, forgetting that they are gifts from God, and failing to thank Him for His blessings.

   Most of all I give thanks to God for sending Jesus to rescue me from hell.  The pains, emotional or physical, that I may suffer are nothing compared to the suffering He endured for me.  In love, He paid the price, the price I could not pay, for the redemption of my sins.

   No matter the trials I may face in life, no matter the joys and happiness I may know, I owe all thanks and praise to God. 

   “Praise the Lord my soul; I will praise the Lord all my life, sing praise to God while I live.” (Psalm 146: 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment