Monday, June 6, 2022

 Let Christ Lead 

   “My child, permit me to do with you what I will, for I know what is best for you.”  (“The Imitation of Christ”, Thomas à Kempis) 

   It’s difficult to relinquish control of our life, even to Christ.  Our society, from our earliest years, teaches us to be self-reliant.  We are told to stand on our own two feet, to be true to ourselves.  The problem with this attitude is how very little we really know about what is best for us.  Like the blind leading the blind we will fall in a ditch.

   If I try to take the lead, I will become lost.  I will confuse things of little importance with those that are vital if I am to know eternal life in heaven.  Standing on my own two feet, I sometimes feel as if I’m standing in quicksand rather than on solid rock.  Christ is the rock on which I must stand, the rock that is always strong and steady.

   My wisdom is that of a man, not of God; I must seek His wisdom.  In order to become holy, to reach God’s heavenly kingdom, I cannot lead the way, I must follow Him. 

   “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, on your own intelligence do not rely; in all your ways be mindful of him, and he will make straight your paths.” (Proverbs 3: 5 – 6). 

No comments:

Post a Comment