Friday, June 3, 2022

 Trust In God 

   “Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God and trust in me.” (John 14: 1) 

   There is so much wrong in the world today.  It is not now, and never will be what it was created to be.  The paradise of Eden was lost by sinful pride and rejection of God’s truths.  It will not be regained in this world.

   In such a world, one wonders who can be trusted.  Even those we view as most worthy of trust often betray us.  Parents who are to love and care for their children sometimes mistreat and abuse them.  Religious leaders who are to be pastor to the flock sometimes mislead and use their position to abuse those they are to lead.  Friends, family; sadly, even these are sometimes unworthy of our trust.

   Politicians?  Well, what can I say, they are virtually all liars whose only concern is there own reelection.  Gone are the days of service to country, service to self is their motto.  No lie, no underhanded trick is low enough for some if it means they can keep their job.

   But there is one who can be trusted.  Trust in God is sanity; it keeps the wolves of despair at bay.  It gives me hope and brings joy to my heart.  If I allow myself to focus on a world that is broken, one that will pass away, it robs my peace, it steals my calm.  Rather, I place all my trust in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment