Sunday, June 12, 2022

 Seeing God 

   “My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.  When shall I come and behold the face of God?” (Psalm 42: 2) 

   I cannot see the face of God in this life.  I look forward to coming to see Him in the next life if I am worthy.  Even though I can’t see Him face to face, I do see Him.  I see Him in the wonders of His creation.

   I see God in nature, the yearly changing of the seasons.  I see Him in the seeds planted in the spring that will die and yet produce a great harvest in the fall.

   I see Him in the setting sun bringing darkness to the world yet also foretelling of the sun to rise again in the morning.  The sun that provides light, and warmth to all, encouraging the growth of the flowers, giving the world such great beauty and the crops that produce food for all.

   God is there in the incredible precision with which the birds build their nests, turning sticks, twigs, and string into a strong safe place to lay their eggs and nurture their young.  He is there is the hatching of sea turtles who know exactly where the ocean is and strive to get to it regardless of how far they have to go.

   Who could deny the presence of God in the innocence and joy found in young children?  Those who have yet to be influenced by the sinfulness of a fallen world.  Their laughter, their trust, their love shows us how God intended us all to be; innocent, joyful, loving, and trusting in Him.

   God is present in the conception of new human life.  A single cell from a man and a single cell from a woman combine to produce an entirely new and unique human.  One whose DNA has never existed before and will never be reproduced.

   When I look at this earth that God has created and all that is in it I am amazed that some refuse to give praise to the God whose will it was and is to create; whose love is eternal and whose mercy has no limit.  With open eyes and heart, they too can come to see God.

No comments:

Post a Comment