Saturday, August 15, 2020

In the Stillness 

   “Be still, and know that I am God!  I am exalted among the nations, I am exalted in the earth.” (Psalm 46: 10) 

   In the stillness there is God.  In the solitude He comes to me.  He is my peace and my comfort.

   The noise and chaos that is so prevalent in the world interferes with my relationship with God.  There is always something to attract my attention, something to concern myself with other than God and His will for me.  I prefer the quiet and the solitude; the times when it is just me and God in silent communion.

   I find Him in my walks in the early morning, before the world has awakened, in the silence just before dawn.  Walking and praying with no distractions.  Hearing the birds beginning to stir, catching the first rays of the sun as it turns the morning sky incredible shades of pinks and reds.

   In the evening, in the quiet of my home, I sit and listen, waiting to know of His quiet presence within.  Reading scripture, seeking what God wants me to hear, the lesson He wants me to learn from His word.  No noise, no distractions, just the presence of the Lord.

   In quiet prayer, not speaking but simply quiet and open to His message.  Contemplating His will for me, thanking Him for the many blessings He has given.  Acknowledging my failures, seeking His forgiveness, giving Him thanks for His great love and mercy.

   In the quiet is my Lord.  In the depths of my heart and soul He is there.  In the stillness I find Him. 

The world is too noisy to hear You.

It seems too busy to even notice You.

I desire the quiet, that I may hear You.

Come to me in the stillness of my heart.

 

Amen

 


No comments:

Post a Comment