Saturday, August 8, 2020

 

Psalm 139

 

   I find a lot of comfort in the psalms.  Regardless of what is happening in my life there is a psalm that applies.  In joy, in sorrow, when I’m happy, when I’m sad I can always turn to the psalms for comfort, help and, strength.

   Psalm 139 is, without doubt, my favorite.  It so beautifully reminds me of all that God has done and is doing.  The glory of His creation, the love He has for me.  The mercy He constantly shows toward me.

   I’m reminded that all things are in His hands.  Nothing has been, is now, or ever will be without God.  All things are according to His will and all will ultimately serve the good He desires for me.  Even when I’m down or feeling lost I find comfort, “I praise you, for I am wondrously made.  Wonderful are your works.” (verse 14).  In His love, He did not make me for suffering and pain, but for joy and happiness.  Yes, there are troubles in this world, but God has it in hand. 

   I can spend my whole life contemplating His works, the plan He put in place before the world began and I will still never know them.  They are as far beyond me as the heavens themselves. “How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!  How vast the sum of them!  If I would count them, they are more than the sand.” (verses 11 – 17).  It’s not for me to know His thoughts, it is for me to trust in Him and place myself in His constant care.

   Nothing can bring peace in this world except God.  Psalm 139 is where I find that peace.  It reminds that if I want true peace I need only place all my trust and faith in the Lord.  “If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. (verses 9 – 10).  Amen, Lord hold me in your right hand forever.

 

I place my trust in You.

I know of Your great love for me.

Lead me where I am to go.

Lead me home to You.

 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment