Monday, August 3, 2020


The Constant Battle

   I sometimes feel as though I have two spiritual beings at war within me.  One, my guardian angel, fighting for the good while the other, a demon from Satan, tries to steal my soul.  Every decision I make, everything I do or say is subject to this war within me.  If we could see the spiritual world I think we would see a battle such has never been seen on earth.  The battle for our soul.

   Jesus has won the war, good will ultimately win out over evil.  Death has been defeated and eternal life is real.  The outcome is known, but we can’t ignore the fact that, as with any war, there will be losses.  The individual fight we must all take on is where those casualties will occur.  We have the weapons, but we must have the will to bring those weapons to bear.

   The greatest of all weapons is prayer.  Satan cannot steal a soul that is in communion with God.  In addition to prayer, we must also be vigilant.  The evil one will look for any opportunity to weaken our faith and lessen our reliance on the Lord.  When we are struggling the door may be opened for evil to enter.  In difficult times, when we are depressed or feeling lost, our prayers and vigilance are even more important.

   The fight will end only at our death.  Satan will fight his hardest as we are about to leave this life.  It is the final opportunity for evil to win.  Those of faith must be strong in that faith even in their final hours.  They must fight the final battle, praying always for the strength of God to keep them safe.

   The battle may be difficult, we may suffer, and we will lose some of the skirmishes.  But with God on our side, with a prayer in our heart, and with trust in the Lord the battle can be won.

Help me fight the battle Lord.
Evil wants to steal my soul.
Give me the strength to resist.
I turn to You in love, faith, and trust.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment