Tuesday, August 11, 2020

What Today May Bring 

   A new day.  What will it bring?  Will there be joy or sorrow, happiness, or pain?  I can’t predict so it does me no good to concern myself with trying to foresee what the day will hold.

   Perhaps it will hold nothing in this life.  This may be the day that God calls me home.  Maybe He has a new path He wishes me to follow.  If I truly trust in Him it really doesn’t matter.  I know that whatever is to come it will be for my good.  I was created not to question, but to accept and trust in God in all things.

   Maybe I will be brought closer to God this day.  The scripture readings at Mass could strike a chord within me and give me a greater understanding of God and His ways.  Maybe a kind word from a friend will remind me how blessed I am to have good friends who care.

   I find I’m at peace when I simply leave it to God and seek His will.  I’m not always sure if I am following Him as I should but I’m confident that He will bring me back to the right path if I’ve strayed.  He will not allow me to separate myself from Him unless I choose to do so.  What a scary thought!  I’m amazed that people would choose to ignore the love and mercy of the God who created them and has destined them for glory.  Why would anyone prefer eternity without Him?  I pray that those who do not know the Lord will find Him before it’s too late.

   When the day is over, I will thank Him for all He’s done for me this day.  I will acknowledge that I may have sinned this day and ask His forgiveness.  When tomorrow comes, I will again place myself in His care, confident of His love and mercy. 

Father, I want to walk with You.

Give me the strength to follow You always.

Give me a faith to trust in You in all things.

Lead me to my heavenly home.

 

Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment