Thursday, August 27, 2020

 When Jesus Comes 

   “Therefore, stay awake!  For you do not know on which day your Lord will come.”  (Matt 24: 42) 

   Everyone wants to know when our Lord will come again.  There have been hundreds of books written purporting to read the signs, to determine the day and time of the second coming of Christ.  False date after false date has been proposed.

   I don’t concern myself with when the end of the world will occur.  It could be today, or it could be a thousand years from now.  Jesus told us, “But of that day or hour, no one knows, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Mark 13: 32).  It isn’t for me to know, but to be prepared for it whenever it may come.

   I don’t know the day and honestly don’t want to know.  I fear that if I knew the date certain I would put off living my life as I should until the last minute.  Satan would have a field day convincing me that it doesn’t matter how I live today, but to wait until that day comes to amend my life.

   “You will hear of wars and reports of wars; see that you are not alarmed, for these things must happen, but it will not yet be the end.” (Matt 24: 5).  So many times Jesus emphasized that we are not to know the date.  So many times people still try to do so.

    We all have a personal end date, the day our life on this world is over.  That is the date I must prepare for.  I need to live each day, each moment, as if it were my last, for it very well may be. 

Father only You know the date.

It is not for me to know.

I only know that it will come.

May I always be prepared. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment