Friday, November 6, 2020

 A Life Divided

 

   There are two sides to life.  There is the mortal which will end at some point and there is the spiritual which will live on throughout eternity.  The two are many times at odds within me.  How I balance them effects not only this life but the life to come.

   The physical side is full of temptations.  It is, in many ways, the playground of Satan.  Each day I am confronted with the desires of this world.  Some are worthwhile, some are not.  Some will promote my spiritual life, some will damage it, and some will destroy it.  It is up to me to make the right choices.  It is a constant battle for which I desperately need the help of God.

   On the other side is my immortal soul.  This body God has given me will, at some point, fail.  It will deteriorate and eventually cease to function.  I will return to the dust from which I came.  My soul, however, never dies.  Therefore it is so much more important to seek those things that nurture my soul rather than my earthly wants and desires.

   I am blessed with free choice, given me by my God.  It is, however, a two-edged blessing.  I can choose correctly and continue to grow my relationship with God, securing eternity in His presence.  I can also choose evil and destroy that relationship and spend eternity without Him.  Every day the choices are there.  Only I can make those choices, no one can make them for me. 

Lord life is full of choices.

Some bring me closer to You.

Others take me from You.

Give me the wisdom and strength to choose rightly. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment