Wednesday, November 4, 2020

 Seeking the House of the Lord

 

   “One thing I ask of the Lord; this I seek:  to dwell in the Lord’s house all the days of my life, to gaze upon the Lord’s beauty, to visit his temple.”  (Psalm 27: 4) 

   If I want to live in the house of the Lord I must keep that thought in mind each day.  When I wake up I must determine to try my best to live the day according to His will.  As I go through each day I need to reach out to Him for guidance and strength.  When the day is done it’s important that I take the time to look back over the day, thanking Him for His many blessings and seeking forgiveness for the times I may have sinned or failed to follow the path He puts before me.

   Many years ago I, like many other Catholics, was a “Sunday Catholic”.  I went to Mass on Sundays and Holy Days but very rarely otherwise.  My relationship with God reflected this fact.  I knew Him and tried to follow His way but with so little interaction with Him, I failed probably more that I succeeded.

   As I’ve matured, both in age and in my relationship with God, I’ve come to realize that my life is incomplete unless I make the effort to be with Him as often as possible.  In daily Mass when possible, spending time in the adoration chapel contemplating the sacrifice Jesus made for me, thanking Him always for His great love.  I need to make a sincere effort to have Him my heart and mind every minute of every day.

   If a relationship is to flourish and grow it needs constant daily attention.  Love is a commitment; it requires work and devotion.  Those who have a successful sacramental marriage understand this.  If I am to have the right relationship with God the same effort is needed in my spiritual life. 

May You be in my heart at all times.

May I seek Your will in all I do.

May I spend each day trying to serve You.

May I spend eternity in Your presence. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment