Friday, November 13, 2020

 The End Is Near 

   “But of that day and hour, no one knows, neither the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Mark 13: 32) 

   That statement seems to make it very clear that I am not intended to know when the end of the world will come; only the Father knows.  Yet so many people look at events in the world and try to fit them into signs indicating that the end is near.  In fact the end is near, but it depends on your definition of near.

   The Old Testament is replete with prophecy concerning the coming of the Messiah.  Some of these prophecies were made many thousands of years before Christ came.  If you consider many thousands of years as near then perhaps His second coming is near as well.

   This, however, does not mean that my end is not near.  My life may be over in an instant, even before I can finish this post to my blog.  That is the end I must focus on.  Am I ready at this very moment for my life to end and to stand before the judgement of Jesus?  That is the question I need to consider and answer.

   Jesus warned His disciples against trying to predict the end when He said, “When you hear of wars and reports of wars do not be alarmed; such things must happen, but it will not yet be the end.” (Mark 13: 7).  The world will end in God’s time.  Rather than worry about the end of the world, I try to ensure I’m ready for my end. 

Father, the world will end at Your command.

The time is not for me to know.

So too, my life will end at Your command.

May I be prepared for either. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment