Tuesday, November 24, 2020

 Do What He Says 

   “So submit yourselves to God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  Draw near to God and he will draw near to you.” (James 4: 7 – 8) 

   If I want to spend eternity in the peace, love, and glory of God there is only one way.  I must do what He tells me and follow His way.  Just as Saint James says, I must submit myself to God.

   I have to offer my will to the Father to be governed by Him if I am to spend eternity in His presence.  Whether I understand His will or not, even if I find His will burdensome, acceptance is the choice I must make.  I need to recognize that His ways are far above mine and that I can never fully understand them in this life.

   Our Blessed Mother tells me very plainly what my response to God is to be.  When faced with the calling to become the mother of God her answer is the answer I must also give, “May it be done to me according to your word.” (Luke 1: 38).  She added no conditions, demanded no further explanation, she accepted God’s will.

   Again, Mother Mary reminds me of what I am to do when she told the servers at the wedding in Cana, “Do whatever he tells you.” (John 2: 5).  Don’t question, don’t hesitate, do what He says.

   These are the lessons I must learn and put into practice if I am to assure the safety of my soul.  No questions, no hesitation, no demand for signs or explanations, just accept and follow His will.

   I don’t suggest that this is an easy lesson to live by.  There is pain and sorrow in this world and acceptance can be extremely difficult.  But I place my trust in God and the words of Jesus, “And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be.” (John 14: 3).  Amen Lord Jesus, let me live my life that you may come back and take me to yourself. 

I give my will to You.

Do with me what you desire.

My life, my death, my all, I offer to You.

Come Lord, take me to Yourself. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment