Monday, November 23, 2020

 The Pilgrim 

   “My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.  When shall I come and behold the face of God?”  (Psalm 42: 2) 

   I am a pilgrim on a lifelong journey to my home.  I live in a world that is damaged by sin, one that has an evil force within it, Satan.  But this world is not my home, it is simply the pathway to my true home with God in heaven.

   That doesn’t mean that I can’t enjoy the journey.  God has blessed this world with so much beauty and majesty that to fail to enjoy it would be an insult to Him and His creation.  But I must never become overly comfortable here, I must always remember that this world is temporary while eternity is forever.

   My travels are made more enjoyable by the presence of family and friends in my life.  The many joys available in the world contribute to a more pleasant journey.  Worship of my Lord and God at Mass gives me a small taste of the glory that is to be once my pilgrimage is complete.

   I will continue to enjoy the many blessings of this life though I must be careful to not become enamored of them.  I will treasure my family and friends, praying always that their pilgrimage leads them to God.  Most of all I will look forward with joyful anticipation to the life that is to come when my journey is complete, and I have reached my home. 

Father the world if full of Your blessings.

I thank You for each of them.

But my home is not of this world.

Lead me to my true home with You. 

Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment