Thursday, November 12, 2020

 God in the Simple Things 

   God is in all things, but sometimes it seems I forget Him in the simple things of life.  In happy times I turn to Him in thanksgiving.  When I am down or sad I turn to Him for comfort.  When I feel overwhelmed I ask for His guidance and strength.  In my sinfulness I seek His mercy and forgiveness.  But in the simple day to day life I sometimes fail to recognize Him.

   I suppose it’s not uncommon to fail to notice God in everyday life, but it seems shameful to just accept a good day, one with no real highs or lows, as if it’s expected.  These days are also full of God’s love and mercy so why do I not see that and give Him proper thanks?

   Simplicity, I think, drives apathy.  In earthly life as well as spiritual life.  If things are just moving along I tend to go through life almost on autopilot, never taking the time to recognize that simplicity itself is a tremendous gift from my Lord.  I forget that nothing occurs unless God wills it or allows it.

   The most common of all days without absolutely nothing memorable about it is still the will of God.  These are the days that give me rest from the troubles of the world.  I am greatly blessed by the uncomplicated days of life God gives to me.

   So I must try to do better.  I must look at each day as a precious gift from the Lord, a day when His love envelopes me.  These days that refresh me and calm me are some of the best days of my life. 

Father, Your gifts are innumerable.

Whether majestic or simple Your gifts are precious.

Each day is a day to give You honor and praise.

A day to thank You with all my heart. 

Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment