Friday, November 20, 2020

 Signs From God 

   “An evil and unfaithful generation seeks a sign, but no sign will be given it except the sign of Jonah.” (Matt 16: 4). 

   This generation is no different from that of Jesus’ time, it wants a sign; show me, work a miracle for me, prove yourself and I might believe.  As Jonah spent three days in the belly of a big fish and was then released, so Jesus spent three days in the belly of the earth and was then resurrected.  Even with this miraculous sign, many refused to accept Him.  Many still refuse.

   I don’t understand those who say they need proof of God if they are to believe.  They want Him to give them a sign.  The proof, the signs are everywhere, one need only look to see them.  Demanding a sign is simply another way of rejecting God and glorifying self.

   I suspect those who are always asking for a sign are, in fact, simply looking for an excuse not to believe.  If they were to believe it would mean life-changes that they aren’t willing to accept.  The sins, the false gods of this world, are tempting and many are unwilling to reject them even though they are rejecting God and eternal life.  Even if God were to appear to them in person I question whether they would be satisfied.

   It is the height of arrogance to demand a “sign” from God.  The creator of all things has no need of proving Himself.  He is evident in all things at all times.  We just need to open our eyes and heart to see Him.

   The signs of God are universally evident.  His presence is everywhere I look.  He is in my life, my soul, and my heart.  He is love, He is mercy, He is all. 

Your presence is in all things.

There are no signs needed.

You spoke and it became

All that exists is because of You. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment