Tuesday, May 25, 2021

 A New Heart Within Us 

   “I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you.  I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.  I will put my spirit within you so that you walk in my statutes, observe my ordinances, and keep them. (Ezekiel 36: 26 – 27) 

   When our heart is failing doctors use every means possible to heal it, even to replacing it with a healthy donor heart.  When our spiritual heart is failing, there is only one who can cure it.  Jesus is the healer of our heart and soul.  He will remove the heart of stone, the one that harbors bitterness and evil, and replace it with one full of health and love, healing even the coldest of hearts.

   As Christians we are to have a heart full of the love and mercy of Christ, there is to be no room for bitterness in our heart.  Those with a generous heart help those who need help, they care for God’s children.  Those with a bitter heart live a life of hatred and distrust seeking but never finding true happiness and peace. 

   We must decide what kind of heart we are to have.  God desires all to come to Him, Jesus came to offer that opportunity.  But an opportunity is what is offered, not a command.  A surgeon cannot treat one who refuses to accept treatment, nor will Jesus heal our bitterness if we refuse to accept Him.  Many will live their lives in bitterness and hardness of heart when the cure is right before their eyes.

   He is there, waiting to heal us, let Him. 

Replace my heart Lord.

Make it full of love.

Put Your spirit within me.

That I might spend eternity with You. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment