Sunday, May 9, 2021

 The Omnificent God 

   “My bones are not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, fashioned in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw me unformed; in your book all are written down, my days were shaped before one came to be.” (Psalm 139: 15 -16) 

   As I look back on my life, I can clearly see the hand of God.  He has known me from the beginning of time, watching over me even before I came into being.  He will continue to watch over me until this life is over.

   When I was born, my parents were told that I would probably not live for more than a month.  I don’t know the reasons why, but since I am nearly 71 years old, they obviously got it wrong.  Looking back at the foolishness I sometimes practiced in my youth I can see at least two other occasions when there was a very real possibility of my death.  When the USS Stark was attacked by missiles from an Iraqi aircraft three of the six men asleep in my berthing compartment were killed; I was spared without a scratch.  Some would call it luck; I call it the hand of God.

   God knows me, He created me.  He has a purpose for me though I may not know what it is this lifetime.  Many refuse to accept this fact, but that doesn’t change it.   My life was known to Him before time began.  The date of my birth, the life I lead, and the death which will take me from this world are known.  Jesus said, “Even the hairs of your head are counted.” (Matt 10: 30); nothing is unknown to our heavenly Father.

   This world is full of unexplained occurrences that many just write of as luck or coincidence; I do not believe in either.  There are miracles that occur every day but most look anywhere but to God for the explanation.  All that is, all that ever was, and all that will ever be has been known by God for all eternity.  He wrote the book; He knows how it will end. 

All is known to You Lord.

It has been forever.

You know me better than I know myself.

Help me to fulfill Your will for me. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment