Monday, May 3, 2021

 The Journey 

   I am on a journey; one that leads from this life to eternal life with my Lord.  The journey continues until this life is over.  If I fail to keep moving forward my journey ends and may in fact regress.

   Like any journey, this journey of life will not always be easy.  There will be difficulties to be overcome.  Sometimes it may even seem as if the journey is not worth pursuing.  But Jesus said, “Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest in me.  For my yoke is easy and my burden light.”  (Matt 11: 29 – 30).  I don’t believe He is saying that everything will always be easy on this journey.  Instead, He is promising that we can turn to Him when times are hard and He will ease our burden, giving us peace and comfort.

   All journeys have pitfalls along the way and Christianity is no different.  But we have our Lord, Jesus Christ with us on this journey.  When we feel that it is too much to bear, He is there to comfort and give us the courage to continue.  Regardless the difficulties we may encounter, He is the way to eternal life, and He will lead us there if we will follow.

   The cross can be difficult to bear and there will always be crosses that we must carry on our journey to God.  In Jesus we have the promise of help along the way, He will help us with our cross and will never press us beyond our capability to endure.  It may not always be easy, but nothing of true value is ever easy. 

Without the pain how can we know the joy?

Without struggle how can we know success?

You are there to help us on our way.

You will ease our burden and lead us home. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment