Monday, May 17, 2021

 He Has Conquered the World 

   “In the world you will have trouble, but take courage, I have conquered the world.” (John 16: 33) 

   I take comfort in the above scripture.  It reminds me that no matter the hardships I may have to face, Jesus has already won the war. 

   I will admit, however, that it is sometimes hard to maintain such trust.  When tragedy strikes questions and even doubts may arise.  Whether it is because of my weakness, the temptations of Satan, or a little of both, I don’t know, but it happens.

   It is in times like these that I turn to the Lord, begging for His help.  In prayer, and sometimes in tears, I seek His comfort and peace.  Wherever I may be, He is there waiting, offering me His peace, but most especially at Mass and in the adoration chapel before the Blessed Sacrament He is there, giving comfort and solace.

   When I look upon the crucifix I see Him there, the nails through His hands and feet, the crown of thorns on His head.  I am reminded that one of His apostles betrayed Him for thirty pieces of silver.  The rest abandoned Him at His arrest.  The only one who came back and remained with Him throughout His ordeal was John.

   As difficult as things may become I have never and will never suffer as Christ did.  My suffers are insignificant alongside His.  All this He did for me, so that I might have redemption and the chance of eternal life with Him.

   In His love He eases my pain, He consoles me and gives me the strength to carry on.  I will offer any suffering I may have to endure to Him, that He may accept it as thanksgiving for all He has done for me.  I place all my trust in Him, taking solace in the fact that He has, indeed, overcome the world. 

There is much suffering in this world.

But You have overcome the world.

One day the sufferings of this life will be over.

One day I will be with You in paradise. 

Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment