Thursday, May 20, 2021

 A Place in His Will 

   “I have been all things unholy; if God can work through me, He can work through anyone.” (St. Francis of Assisi)

 

   If I wait until I think I’m worthy to follow God’s will I most likely will never do so.  If, in my sinfulness, I don’t believe that He can work His will through me, it’s doubtful that I will ever serve His will.  However, if I can recognize that God can use me just as I am, if I open myself to that possibility, I believe He can work a change in me though I am a sinful man.

   God wants to work through me, but I must make that choice.  He will not demand; He will not force Himself upon me.  I can choose to remain in my sins, ignoring His call, or I can accept His will for me.  I must decide which path I will take, condemnation or eternal life with Him.

   I read about the lives of the saints quite a bit and I’ve noticed that they are rarely saintly throughout their life.  Most have led a less than holy life prior to their call to sainthood.  Some have been guilty of many sins, heresy, apostasy, adultery, and many others.  Yet, at some point they accepted God’s will and their life was changed.

   There is a saying, “God does not call the qualified, He qualifies those He calls.”  Regardless my past, God wants me for His own.  If I answer “yes” to His call, then perhaps I too can become a saint. 

Only You can make me Holy.

Only You can make me a saint.

I offer myself to Your will.

Make me Yours. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment