Monday, May 31, 2021

The Glory of God 

   I’m always amazed when people say they can’t find God.  He is everywhere, in nature, in the universe, within each of us.  His majesty and glory are present in all things.

   I’m sitting in the cool of the morning looking out over small lake.  It’s quite early and, in this little corner of the world, all is peaceful and quiet.  Birds are singing as they awake, I see the ripples in the lake caused by the turtles coming up for a breath and the fish snatching the insects which are their morning meal.  There is an alligator slowly swimming across the water.  This world that God created is so magnificent to behold!

   There’s no one else around, it’s just me and God in crispness of a new day.  So beautiful, so magnificent, so full of His glory.  I know His presence, as if He is perhaps sitting beside me, filling me with love and mercy.  The world and all within it are His and I thank Him for sharing them with me.

   This is a good morning, I’m at peace with the world and with my God.  His creation speaks loudly of His majesty, and I am blessed to experience it.  As the day continues the joy of this moment may fade but they joy of knowing I am His will never fade. 

I thank You for this day.

For the beauty of Your creation.

I thank You for all Your many blessings.

I thank You that I am yours. 

Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment