Sunday, May 30, 2021

In the Presence of the Lord 

   I spend quite a bit of time in the adoration chapel, sitting before the Blessed Sacrament.  These times bring me great peace and comfort.  Spending time quietly praying, contemplating Jesus and all He has done for me is an especially important part of my spiritual life.  I go to thank Him for the many blessings He has given me and to express my sorrow for the pain and agony He suffered because of my sins and the sins of the world. 

   I look upon the crucifix and see Him there, the nails in His hands and feet, the crown of thorns upon His head.  I remember His betrayal, the abandonment of His apostles.  I recall Peter denied even knowing Him three times.  I see Him scourged nearly to death and forced to carry His cross through the streets of Jerusalem to His crucifixion.  All this He suffered to pay the price for my sins.

   I thank Him for all the blessings He has given me.  The love of a wonderful woman, my children, and grandchildren.  I thank Him for my friends and the support and love they give.  True friends can be hard to find but the friends we find in Christ are a tremendous blessing.

   There are times of incredible peace and joy as I sit and commune with Him in the quietness of the chapel.  In the garden of Gethsemane He asked His apostles to stay and watch with Him.  He asks the same of me, to come and be with Him.  I am honored that He desires my company.

   I gaze upon Him in the Blessed Sacrament, His body, blood, soul, and divinity present in the host.  When I leave the chapel, His presence is always with me, to guide me, forgive me, and to bring me to Himself when this life I over.

   I am convinced that spending time in adoration with our Lord will change a person’s life.  I know it has changed mine. 

Lord, I come to give you glory and praise.

Thanksgiving for Your many blessings.

Sorrow for my many sins.

Let me sit with You and be close to Your heart. 

Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment