Saturday, May 1, 2021

 To Whom Shall We Go? 

   “Master, to whom shall we go?  You have the words of eternal life.” (John 6: 68) 

   To whom shall I go Lord?  This world is full of lies and evil.  Satan seems to grow stronger all the time.  Fallen people in a fallen world can never find their way home.

   But You Lord came to give light, to give truth.  You came to show the way to the Father.  You said, “I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14: 6).  Only in You is there a path to heaven; a path to the relationship I was intended to have with God.  A relationship that was lost through sinful pride and cannot be regained except by Your love and mercy.

   To Whom shall I go Lord?  We look for happiness and fulfillment in this world, but this world can’t provide.  There are joys and happiness to be had, but they don’t last.  We look to ourselves rather than you in our search for happiness.  We somehow think we can be made happy by the treasures of a sinful world.

   My life is but a breath, it will fade in the blink of an eye.  I can’t waste it looking to the world for what can only be found in You.  Regardless the joys or sufferings of this world they are as nothing.

   I contemplate heaven; I long to be in Your presence for all eternity.  To me, heaven is an unknown, I can’t fathom the bliss that awaits.  You said, “In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places.” (John 14: 2).  That is where I desire to be; that is the treasure I seek.  Only through You, Your love and mercy, can this be done.  Lord, there is no one else to whom I can go. 

There is only one path, Jesus Christ.

Only through You is there salvation.

I place all my trust in You.

Lead me home. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment