Friday, May 21, 2021

 Faith, Hope, and Love 

   “So faith, hope, and love remain, these three, but the greatest of these is love.” (1 Cor 13: 13) 

   In this world I need faith, faith in God’s word.  I need hope, hope in the promises of Christ.  And I need love, love of God and love of neighbor.

   Faith is what sees me through each day.  Faith in God and His teachings; trust in His love and mercy, even for a sinner like me.  Without faith and trust in God this world would be virtually unbearable.

   Hope enables me to navigate the trials and difficulties that come with life in a fallen world.  Jesus said He was going to prepare a place for me and would come back and take me to Himself (John 14: 2 – 3).  In that hope lies the strength needed to survive in a sinful world.

   However, the greatest need is love, love of God and love of my neighbor.  Unless I have love, faith and hope are of little use.  I can’t reach my heavenly home without it.  If I don't have love all else is futile.

   When this life is over I will see the fulfillment of God’s promises; there will no longer be a need for faith and hope.  But love will remain through all eternity.  So these three remain in the world, but love reigns eternal. 

Faith in God gets me through the day.

Hope in Christ give me a reason to go on.

Love of God and neighbor are the path home.

Come Lord and take me to Yourself.

 Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment