Friday, May 28, 2021

 Wheels Within Wheels 

   “Like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel.  Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel.”  (Theme from the Thomas Crown Affair) 

   Sometimes I feel that searching for God and His purpose for me is very much like a wheel within a wheel, a circle in a spiral.  His ways and His purposes are so far above my understanding that I could spend the rest of my life contemplating God and still never truly know.

   I can’t explain much of what happens in this life.  There sometimes seems to be no rhyme or reason, but in my heart, I know there is a purpose to all things.  Jesus said, “Are not two sparrows sold for a small coin?  Yet not one of them falls to the ground without your Father’s knowledge.  Even the hairs of your head are counted” (Matt 10: 30).

   I believe that “getting there is half the fun”.  My joy comes from knowing He is with me, from seeking His will and enjoying this marvelous journey called life.  God is God and I am not; He doesn’t choose to share all with me but only asks that I trust.  My peace comes from living as best I can on the path I believe He has set me on, confident that He will guide me rightly.

   I occasionally get frustrated with the fact that I can’t fully understand, but then I realize that if I had full understanding and knowledge there would be no need for faith.  It’s not necessary for me to know.  Rather I am to trust: I am to have faith; I am to place all my hopes in our Lord. 

Your ways are unknown to me.

But I trust in You.

Perhaps in the next life I will know.

For now, faith is enough. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment