Friday, November 5, 2021

 Cloudy Days 

   It’s a cloudy, rainy day here in Ocala.  It’s not storming, just raining with a light wind blowing.  It may sound a little strange, but it’s quite a pleasant day.

   I remember that my grandmother loved the cloudy, rainy days, they were her favorites.  I never understood why anyone would prefer cloudy days to bright sunny ones, but she did.

   I wouldn’t say that I feel the same though I’ve come to enjoy the cloudy days as well.  There is a quiet and a peace on such days.  The normal sounds of the world seem muffled somehow, less intrusive.  They are wonderful days to sit and meditate or read a good book.  The stillness helps clear the mind and open the heart.  A cloudy day is in some ways a prayerful day.

   Cloudy days are a miracle of creation.  Water that has evaporated from all over the world are collected in the clouds and when the temperature is just right, become droplets falling to the earth.  Salt water that evaporated over the seas becomes fresh water to satisfy our thirst.  Water nourishes the plants that grow and provide our food and sustenance.  They are a part of God’s great and wonderous plan.

   On cloudy days I find myself more content for some reason.  Perhaps it’s because things tend to be much slower on such days.  I stay at home enjoying the quiet, spending more time with God.  They are days to catch up on things I may have been putting off.

   I still would not consider cloudy days my favorite days, but they are a blessing in so many ways.  Maybe that’s why they were my grandmother’s favorite days. 

Cloudy days remind me of You.

They are a sign of Your glory.

Cloudy or sunny, all days belong to You.

They are Your creation, they speak of Your majesty. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment