Sunday, November 7, 2021

 Turning Back Time 

   Last night most of us reset our clocks for an hour earlier.  I sometimes wish I could turn back time.  Not just an hour but for days, weeks, even years. 

   I wish I could go back and unsay the hurtful things I’ve said to those I love.  In times of frustration or difficulties my mouth has often outran my mind.  Cutting, harsh words spoken in a moment of anger that I still regret many years later.

   If I could turn back time I could go back and change some of the terrible, sinful things I’ve done.  I’ve drank too much, gone places I should have stayed away from and done things that I am still ashamed of.  I would love the opportunity to change them, but it’s not possible.

   Most of all I wish I could go back and turn to God earlier.  If I had done that I most likely would not have nearly as many words and actions that need changing.  Sadly, I can’t go back and correct that mistake.

   Nothing I can do will change the wrongs I’ve done or the hurt I’ve caused.  But God is a loving and merciful God.  He forgives my sins though I don’t deserve His forgiveness.  I can only place my soul in the hands of the Lord, beg for His mercy, and hope those affected by my sins can forgive. 

No sin is personal.

They all affect others in some way.

Help me Lord.

Give me the strength to resist sin. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment