Thursday, November 4, 2021

 Staying Balanced 

   Some days I feel as if I am on firm footing, solid ground.  I’m comfortable with where I am in life and confident in where I am going.  God has me by the hand, I willingly allow Him to lead where he wants.

   Other days it seems as if I’m on a tight-rope.  On misstep and I might fall to my death on the rocks below.  I’m uncertain of where I am or where I’m going.  It seems as if God has let go of my hand and Satan is reaching for it.  I fear these days, they scare me.

   In my heart I know that God never abandons me, He is with me always.  I believe there are times when He withdraws, not because He is leaving me alone, but He wants me to grow in my love of Him; to increase my dependence on Him.

   The days when I feel unsure are a blessing, they cause me to pause and reevaluate myself and my relationship with God.  I believe God allows these times to occur for that very reason.  If I become too confident in myself and my spiritual well-being I could easily become complacent, leaving God behind even though He will never leave me behind.

   Even though I may feel as if I’m on a tight-rope about to fall, there is a net below that will keep me from harm.  The love and mercy of the Lord is that net of safety.  When I rely on Him, when I place all my trust in Him, there is nothing to fear.

 

“Living in dependence on God means not being one’s own master, not wanting to take charge of the world;” (Pope Benedict XVI). 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment