Thursday, November 25, 2021

 I Am Thankful 

   Today is Thanksgiving Day.  I would like to take a moment to tell God a few of the things I am thankful for. 

   I thank You Lord, for over forty-eight years of incredible love and happiness with my wife.  I’m thankful for the joy we shared and even the hard times which served to bring us even closer.  Though she is now at home with You, our love will continue forever. I so look forward to joining her to give You all praise and thanks in heaven.

   Thank You Father, for family, for daughters, sons, granddaughters, and grandsons.  For my brother and his family.  For my nieces, and nephews.  May your blessings be always with them.

   You have blessed me with friends who care for me and love me.  They have been my strength in so many ways.  I thank You and ask that you bless them and keep them safe.

   Thank You Lord, for the wonder of Your creation.  For the sunrise shining Your glory upon the world each morning; for the stars of the night, testifying to Your majesty.  The magnificence of the oceans and mountains speak to Your glorious might.  I’m thankful for all of nature, so wonderfully beautiful, so precise, so telling of Your master plan.

   My God, I’m so thankful for the faith You have blessed me with.  It is this faith that has carried me through the hard times and given me such joy and peace.  I thank You for my Church, my priests, the glory of the Mass and the Body, Blood, Soul, and divinity of my Lord Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.

   There is so much to be thankful for.  But most of all, I am thankful for Your presence in my life.  Without your love and mercy, I would have nothing for which to be thankful. 

 

   May your Thanksgiving be blessed with family, friends, joy, and happiness.  May you take the time to tell them how thankful you are and to ask God’s blessings upon them.

1 comment: