Monday, November 8, 2021

 Wormholes 

   “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways, my thoughts higher than your thoughts.” (Isaiah 55: 9) 

   I’ve always been a fan of  television shows and movies about space exploration.  Star Trek has always a great favorite of mine.  They were always discovering new peoples and places, some good, some not so good.  Many times they would enter a wormhole in space, not knowing where it might lead or what they would find at the end.  Sometimes it led to danger, but always there was something of value to learn.

   In my prayers and contemplations I sometimes feel as if I’ve entered such a wormhole.  I’m not sure what I will discover, but I’m confident that it will increase my connection with God.  Many times I don’t even understand where I am when I get there, it’s too far above my ability to grasp, but somehow I know it is where God has led me.

   I’ve made some amazing discoveries following the spirit where it leads, through another wormhole if you will.  Things that have troubled me for years have become, if not completely clear, much clearer than before.  And yes, there are still some lessons that I suspect will never be completely clear in this life.  But the journey is an exciting one, an experience in better understand God, getting to know Him better.  There is no other journey so worth-while.

   Star Trek’s classic line is, “Space, the final frontier”.  Maybe I could wordsmith that a bit to fit the Christian journey of exploration; “Discovering God, the final destination”. 

Thank You for enlightenment Lord.

You have opened by eyes to many truths.

There is still so much to learn.

Grant me the wisdom to continue to grow with You. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment