Saturday, November 13, 2021

Knowing God 

   “My soul thirsts for God, the living God.  When can I enter and see the face of God?”  (Psalm 42: 3). 

   I’ve come to accept that I will never completely know God in this life, I can only know Him from His presence within me and the evidence of Him in creation .  Thankfully, His presence is unmistakable in all things, I just need to open my eyes and heart to see it.

   I know that God is love and His love permeates His creation throughout.  I know of His love from the love He has shown me in this world, from the love he gave to me and my wife to share with each other and our children.  It is humanity that rejects His love and refuses to accept it or return it.

   His majesty is evident in so many ways.  In the stars, the universe, in the smallest, seemingly insignificant, parts of creation, He is there.  I know Him from the beauty of the sunrise, from the flowers that fill our world with color.  Everywhere I look I see the proof of a loving, caring God who created all things for love.

   Though I may never fully know God in this life, I will continue to seek Him.  I will take notice of His presence in all things and give Him praise and thanksgiving.  When this life is done, and Jesus comes to take me to Himself, I will at last know God as He truly is. 

I want to know You Lord.

Help my understanding.

I long to see Your face.

Lead me home. 

Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment