Tuesday, November 23, 2021

 The Greatest Journey 

   I look at my life as a series of journeys.  I’ve been to many places and done many things.  But of all the journeys I’ve been on the greatest is the journey to my Lord.

   A journey always has some uncertainty about it.  In come cases it was a matter of whether or not the car would make it.  Other times I couldn’t be sure what awaited me at the end of the journey.  Some ended well, others not so much.

   The journey through life with my wife was a fantastic experience which I continue to cherish in my mind and heart.  The children we brought into the world and the ones we adopted brought great joy to us and I can only hope that we gave them joy as well.

   On my journey I serve a God who loves me and wants nothing but the best for me.  I have a savior who chose to die on a cross so that I might have everlasting life with Him.  My excursion through scripture, prayer and my newly begun involvement in Benedictine spirituality has brought great joy and peace to me.

   In all journeys there is a beginning and an end.  My journey to God began when I married a faithful Catholic woman whose example brought me to the church.  The journey continues, but I am confident of how it will end.  When the time comes Jesus will come and take me to Himself and I will live forever in His presence.  Amen! 

I visited many places in the world.

But heaven is my home.

When my journey comes to an end.

Come, Lord Jesus, and take me home.

 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment