Thursday, November 11, 2021

 What Can I Do? 

   I look around and I see a mixed up world that seems determined to destroy itself.  If not through war, then through a total disregard for morality and right action.  War can take lives, but immorality destroys souls.  Jesus warned us, “And do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather, be afraid of the one who can destroy both soul and body in Gehenna.” (Matt 10: 28)

   If I am to believe our president, Pope Francis assured him that he was a good Catholic and should continue receiving communion even though he is an adamant supporter of abortion.  If true, our pope is causing confusion in the faithful, or worse yet, misleading them.  I’m hesitant to believe Mr. Biden but would certainly encourage Pope Francis to either confirm or deny his account of what was said.

   For years I’ve voted for politicians who said they would stand up for the right to life and yet abortion continues, euthanasia is increasing, and the death penalty still executes innocent people at times.  It’s very clear that politicians say whatever they think will help their chances of election and then forget all they promised.

   Churches are burned, Christians are killed in many places in the world.  Persecution grows more blatant every day.  Something needs to be done.  These things need to change.  But what can I, as an individual, do?

   I can look to God as the one who is truly in charge and recognize that these things are bound to occur in a fallen world.  I can never place my hopes on anyone but Him, not the pope, not bishops or priests, and certainly not politicians.  All are human and all sin.

   Most of all I can trust in my God and look to the world to come.  A world where there will be no abortions, euthanasia, murders, or politicians.  A place of pure love, joy, and happiness.

 

   “The one who gives this testimony says, ‘Yes, I am coming soon.’  Amen!  Come Lord Jesus!” (Rev 22: 20)

No comments:

Post a Comment